Sunday, May 20, 2012

T-minus 15 Hours

Tomorrow, Sunday May 20th, I will be leaving for Bangalore, India.

I am so incredibly thankful to have been given this unique opportunity. I am traveling with 12 brilliant College of Wooster students, our advisor Professor Moledina, as well as Cathy McConnell, and Laura Valencia. The 12 of us have studied social entrepreneurship in a course called GSE (Global Social Entrepreneurship) in Wooster, Ohio. We learned to ask important questions, think critically, and have begun understand the vast and overwhelming intricacies of Indian culture. No matter, I still have much to learn and discover. My adventure is just beginning and I look forward to both the challenges and successes that lie ahead.

This opportunity would not be possible without the lessons that Professor Amyaz Moledina has taught me. He has inspired me to dream bigger, and has encouraged me to reach further than I had ever imagined possible. Under Professor Moledina, I have realized that few social problems are too large to defeat. With his mentorship I have already achieved personal success in my research; I have been able to break down and understand concepts that before this course I would have felt were paralyzing. I am inspired by his ability to see no challenge as arduous or too great, and it for this reason alone I am able to join my 12 classmates in India this summer.

Studying Global Social Entrepreneurship (GSE) at the College of Wooster has given me an outlet to channel my passion for understanding global problems and inciting social change.
I am so grateful for the opportunity to experience, first handedly, the process of creating social change through the tangible resources that a non-profit provides and utilizes. I will be interning with PremaVidya to better understand India's education system.

I am so excited.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment